Today, the LORD revealed to me an important Truth.
I pray that as you read this post, it may speak to your heart too.
All Glory to Our Lord Jesus Christ!!
Recently, I was discussing with a non-christian friend about christianity & other religions, and I was compelled to think:
Why am I a Christian??
Peace? Love? Charity?
Well, if thats the case, almost all religions preach it. Take your pick.
If religion is to instill these values in a person, then, most religion preach it.
Of course, rightly followed, they transform the individual and society.
Forgiveness?
Well not all, but some religions do. Still, take your pick.
Forgiveness heals the individual & society.
Buddism & Christianity preach it.
Condemnation? Right Justice?
Yes, some religions preach it too. So that people may walk in righteousness.
Hinduism speaks about 'karma', that each person will pay for his rights/wrongs in his next-incarnation.
So do Islam & Judaism... that the righteous will be rewarded, and the wicked will be condemned.
Eternal Life?
Well, there are some religions which have hope in eternal life as the 'ultimate prize'.
Christianity, Islam & Judaism preach it.
But, is this why I am a christian??
I was thinking about it. and I realised something else......
I am a christian not because of these only......but because of what I have seen and heard... seen with my own eyes & heard with my own ears ... the Awesome Power of Our GOD.
And it did not end there... He put in me, His Spirit.. who not just draws me to Him, everytime... & especially when I am depressed or low, He has opened my heart to experience the love of God, the sacrifice that He paid for me..... His Awesome and Perfect Love.
Make no mistake, this is not a 'feeling' of peace or love, but of 'being' loved & cherished, being held dear & close, of knowing that He is there for you....always.
When I experience such as these, how can I deny it...
Acts 4:20 "for we cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard"
2 comments:
hey thanks derrick for this post...really has made a difference to me. God bless.
Thanks Rowena. Praise God!!
Post a Comment